Kollabora.com is seeking a freelance graphic designer to work for a 1- 2 days per week on an ongoing basis. This is an off-site or work from home position.
Who We Are
Kollabora is a new kind of maker community. The root of Kollabora is “working together” - we unite makers, crafters, and DIY enthusiasts of all skill levels to get inspired, share projects, buy and sell PDF patterns, and connect with each other and their favorite brands. At the forefront of the maker movement, our diverse community of creative influencers includes some of the most well-known and innovative DIYers sharing high quality, fashion-forward content. Our ever-growing communities include sewing, knitting, home decor, jewelry making, dyeing, quilting, and more.
Are you excited about what we do here? If so, read on…
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of the Content team, you will be creating the weekly web based creatives, including homepage banners, newsletter images and content partnership items.
- You’ll be in charge of the visual part of our partnership proposals, including page layout, finding the right photography, and creating infographics. You’ll be working with the partnership manager on this.
- You’ll create exciting and creative web ads for our partner companies, under the direction of the content team and our partners.
- There is a possibility that you’ll be contributing to the website’s overall design, creating icons and other site navigation tools. You’ll be working with our creative director/UX designer on this.
- You must be able to follow our existing style guide; however, we are open to innovative visual ideas.
- You will work effectively and efficiently as part of a team, staying composed under pressure and managing your time while being aware of the limitations and realities of both schedules and budgets.
- You’ll be responsible for providing clear communication to your team, as well as planning and creating your work. We are about collaborations!
Why You’re Qualified
- Applicants must have a BS degree in design or related field and relevant industry experience, including working within a team environment.
- With proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and Apple Keynote.
- Great eye for photography and image editing skills are a must.
- You will possess a solid understanding of general design principles and typography, with a specific focus towards digital.
- This is a freelance, off-site position; applicants will be communicating mainly online and via Google Hangouts. There will be occasional in-person meetings in our SoHo, NYC office.
- A love for DIY, craft, fashion and the maker movement is a HUGE plus.
Please send a cover letter and your portfolio to Nora Abousteit firstname.lastname@example.org.