Bleached Marigold dress
by Elizabeth Follow

Once I had a linen/cotton curtain panel that was too dark and too blue for my liking.  I threw it in the wash and a cup of bleach for kicks to see what would happen.  What came out of the wash was a much prettier blue, almost green and much lighter.  While it went perfectly with some floral cotton batiste I salvaged from an old top, I decided to make it more interesting with a bleach pen.  I made stripes across the whole curtain and polka dots in the areas I'd use for the sleeve cuffs and the pockets.  The bleach pen created another layer of print which I really liked.

Then I made up the dress from Blank Slate Pattern's Marigold dress.  I used the floral batiste for the bow cuffs (from a Melly Sews tutorial), yoke, and placket.

More on my blog:

Elizabeth Made This: Bleached Marigold Dress

Supplies

Discussion 0

×

Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!