Blogged: Wiksten Tank Triple Threat!
My first version of the Wiksten Tank. Follow along my detailed wip! #realtimesewing on Twitter
- Armhole bindings done.
- Going to leave marked as wip until proper photos :)
- Not much progress today.
- Binding pinned to armholes and first seam sewn.
- Seam trimmed. Topstitching tomorrow :)
- Turns out that I do have enough fabric for some matching bias binding! Yay! Just not all one strip - some seaming required.
- Bias binding cut and sewn into long strip.
- Neck binding done. Always takes way longer than planned. Especially with homemade once folded bindng...
- Made up Muslin in size 'S' and fits better in bust, but snug - ok for jerseys but not for woven fabric.
- Adjusted neckline to scoop, but now too high.
- Armholes in size 'S' don't cover bra straps at front.
- So, a compromise. Size 'M' taken in 1/8" at each bust seam, with redrafted neckline and slight racerback.
- Sewn up in brown floral woven viscose. Out of fabric so need to buy some bias binding.
- Also, short on yardage, so straightened hem.
- Pattern printed, taped, traced, cut and muslin sewn.
- Made size 'M' (35 - 36" bust) for my 37" bust, but I find it a bit too voluminous... Going to try out size S and compare.
- Also, the deep U-neckline is a bit harsh on me and doesn't cover my bra! :-O :-D Will alter the neckline to more scoopy higher line.
- Want to take a bit out of back armholes too, but still enought to cover bra straps.
Updates are now listed with most recent first for easier viewing :)
Oh, I've just noticed this update feature with option to add pics. Will use for next wip :)