When I saw this comic print fabric in the store I really tried not to buy it, because I thought it is the kind of fabric that just will stay in my stash forever. I walked around the store for an hour and went back to this fabric 4 times. On the 4th time I thought what the heck, I'm gonna take it home!
Couple of days later I had the idea to make a jacket out of it and started planning. I found a pattern from FS/2013 Burda Easy and as I didn't like the back of it I combined it with Burda 7/2010 109 Jacket back and held my breath thinking can I pull it off?
And well I did make it. It has it's imperfections, but I think it is a rather good jacket and the first lined jacket that I made and can really wear. I've made couple of attempts before, but this is the firsti one I'm quite happy with!
Made a drawing to make the cutting a bit easier.
Cut the parts, layed these out to check if they are correct. Seems I still managed to cut one part wrong.
Basted the whole thing together and tried it on. Had to take in quite alot on the back and on the sides.
Coffee break before cutting the lining.
Waiting for the magical turn!
Turned it around and saw that I managed to get a twist in one sleeve. Fortunately it was the same sleeve which I used to turn this whole thing around so it was an easy fix