Dyed and Smocked Shift Dress
by Helena@grayallday Follow

We had a fun fabric manipulation challenge at the Pattern Review Sewing Bee. I dyed all these fabrics from plain white. I used Inkodye for the front panel, which is a really cool medium! I fully lined the whole thing to make it smooth and easy to wear. I also used a tiny bit of smocking to the shoulders to add some bling. 

A full write up is on my blog at :http://www.grayallday.com/dye-and-smock-the-butterick-6169/

Supplies

Discussion 0

×

Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!