The "Faraway Garden" PDF instant download embroidery pattern set contains motifs based on embroidered blouses and shoulder scarves from North-East Hungary, the region where the Matyó people live.
You'll find embroidered items from this region all over Hungary, and you can even find vintage blouses stitched by Matyó women on (for example) Etsy.
With this pattern set, you can make your own Hungarian embroidered peasant blouse.
The images here show traditional ways of stitching these motifs from this region, with the most frequently used thread colors. The instructions contain basic information about how to stitch the motifs this way, as well as suggestions for alternate stitches you can use.
The pattern set:
- Long design for the front of a women’s t-shirt or blouse such as the front panel (pattern piece D) of the Róza blouse, Kate & Rose Pattern No. 1001;
- Three individual motifs, enlarged for easier stitching and to work with (for example) the Róza blouse’s small center front square variation (Kate & Rose Pattern No. 1001, pattern piece B);
- Two-piece design for blouse or t-shirt necklines.
All designs work with the Róza blouse & dress pattern (available here: etsy.com/listing/150012091/roza-blouse-and-dress-pdf-pattern) - see image 4 for sample placements on garments. You can also just stitch it on a t-shirt! Just like they do in Matyó villages today (image 5).
What this set of files contains:
- Instructions with a bit of background information, suggested stitches and detailed stitch diagrams, formatted for US letter or A4 size paper;
- Pattern file formatted for US letter and A4 size paper (main design prints to two pages from this file);
- Pattern file formatted for US legal size paper;
- Pattern file formatted for A3 size paper.
Each pattern file contains nested test squares (1”by 1” and 2cm by 2cm) to help you make sure the patterns print at the right size.
*** IMPORTANT ***
Because of the digital nature of this product, there can be no refunds or exchanges. Please contact me at info [!at] kate-and-rose.com with any questions.
*** COPYRIGHT ***
All contents of this digital package, including the pattern, instructions, illustrations are copyright of Kate & Rose and may not be reproduce or resold. Garments made from this pattern are for personal use only and may not be resold without permission or a license agreement with Kate & Rose.