I have quite the collection of thrift store clothes, waiting to be chopped up into something new. This challenge was the perfect excuse to finally dig into my pile. For this piece, I am going to take these two awesome prints, resize them to fit, put them together, and make a new dress.
To make the new dress, I used the bottom from a bigger dress and a silk shirt. I cut the sleeves off the shirt and took it in on the sides, and sewed up the front where the buttons are. I cut the larger dress in half, and added pleats all the way across the top to make it the size of my waist. I attached it to the shirt and added an invisible zipper up the side.