I used La Slyphide dress by PaperCut patterns and decided to make a sleeveless version. I thought I'd get more wear out of sleevless, being easy to accessorize in winter and cool for scorching Australian summers. I absolutely loved working with this pattern and only made a couple of minor adjustments to the bodice, around the armhole and through the back, which meant making a couple of muslins. Normally I like to bitch and moan about muslins but so glad I made the effort here because the finished dress fits really nicely!
To give it a neat finish on the inside, I lined the bodice, which was not as hard as I thought and french seamed the other seams. I do like french seaming these days but mostly it was because I couldn't be bothered buying purple overlocker thread.
Both this silk fabric and the pattern were gifted to me by the lovely Andrea of Four Square Walls as part of the Sew Bossy Initiative, whereby two sewing bloggers from anywhere in the world exhange all the parts of a complete outfit to sew for themselves
Full story and lots more pics here