I have been looking at this pattern for a long time, but I felt a bit intimidated by the fitting issue that pants entail. However, this summer I decided to pick up my sewing again and really focus on improving my pattern alteration skills for every pattern I chose. Now the Landers looked less scary and more like an learning opportunity.
That said, the pants fitted quite well out of the packet. To improve the fit, the largest alteration I made was drafting a curved waitband, since the original rectangular waistband gaped both in the front and in the back. I also altered the pattern so that I got a bit more room in the crotch area.
l love these shorts and I will definitely make more of these.