I am already wearing it but plan to add a couple of small toggles.
I used a cheap acrylic knit.
I didn't make any pattern alterations but I chose to serge the edge of the neckline. It looks neat and tidy. The pattern suggested to use a long narrow piece of the fabric to finish the neckline, but it just added too much bulk. I tried another lighter weight knit but that didn't work either (hello seam ripper!
I would love to sew it again. It would be fun to experiment with different fabrics. I have considered a hip length version or a cropped version. I have had some major hints to sew it for others too.
This garment was lots of fun to make. Nice and cozy in this weather!
Check out my indie pattern review blog post, Janet Sews: http://themakeden.com