Maleficent inspired ballet bodice and romantic tutu
by Jane Tweed Follow

It started as a costume for Balloween (Halloween for our ballet class) and has taken on a life of its own. I completed the outfit in time for October the 20th 2015 but I wasn't entirely happy with it and redid 2/3rds of the piping. I didn't finish the embellishments until February 2016.

There is a write-up here with Even More Photos.

Supplies

Recap

  • I'd sewn a few Swarovski crystals around the neckline to show willing but I wasn't happy with the effect. As they had to come off anyhow when I re-sewed the piping I took the opportunity to plan a much more elaborate look.

    I made some minor changes to the design as I was sewing as despite all my careful measurements I'd made an assumption about the bust seam that was not correct.

    2 years ago
  • 94 beads of various sizes and shades! Now I have to sew the briar back on and add the aditional loops to the side seams.

    2 years ago
  • I've finally finished redoing the main strip of briar down the front and the new loops at the side seams.

    1 year ago

Discussion 0

×

Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!