FREE pattern from Burda Style Gathered Top 05/2013 #104B
Super easy pattern and it is exactly what I am looking for as my summer sewing projects. I have a pile of wonderful cotton prints, that needs to be utilized. So, this Burda pattern is perfect :) Shown in size 34/36.
I made two tops so far, and planning to make a bunch more for my teenage girls and myself. I would wear it with a bando though( it is a little bit revealing on the sides).
Here is a link to my blog, stop by when you’ll have a minute http://studiodavidoff.blogspot.com
* HUSKY plastic sheeting 4mil (to draw a pattern on)
1. Make full-sized pattern: Follow the diagram to make a full-sized pattern for the front and back. I use HUSKY plastic sheeting 4ml thick to make/trace my patters. Also, I always add seam allowances to my plastic pattern, this way I don’t have to worry about them, while cutting fabric.
2. Cut fabric: Place your pattern on the fabric. Transparency of plastic allow you to see the print of you fabric, and arrange your pattern accordingly (!) Pin it and cut it.
3. Sewing: Follow sewing instructions included in #104 Top pattern.
4. Make drawstring: I used contrast fabric to make my drawstring.