Sports outfit for a little man
by Katja Follow

Ottobre 3/2010 had nice patterns for both Marley shorts and Riff t-shirt. I liked the little dash of colour at the pocket edges and the length of the shorts that would protect my son’s knees. The original t-shirt pattern had a cool guitar applique design but I wanted just a basic pattern with nothing extra.

I had about the same amount of red and black jersey, so I decided to make a red tee with black trims and black shorts with red trims. I left the back pockets out but to do something extra, I made red buttonholes and added a little red stitching to finish up the ends of the waist ribbon. As a little note to myself: I shaved some extra 5 mm off each of the side seams due to some ugly serger seaming that I was too lazy to rip out.

I don’t really have much to say about the t-shirt, except that I encountered a problem I’ve never had before. For some reason the threads in the serged seam got frequently stuck in the teeth of my sewing machine when doing the top stitching. I had to rip out the first attempt and put some paper towels between the seam and the sewing machine teeth to stop the teeth grabbing my project. I have used paper towels when sewing faux leather or polyurethane coated rain coat fabric but never before with basic jersey.

Discussion 0

×

Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!