My love for weaving, embroidery, pillow-making and my record collection come together in this 12" album cover throw-pillow for my brother's new apartment!
- Get Inspired!
2. Choose a large enough loom, or a large frame or piece of cardboard larger than 12"x12" to use in place of a loom.
3. Use your favorite image generating software, website, or app to create your pattern.
I prefer microRevolt's KnitPro site which can generate any image into a knit, crochet, cross-stitch, or - in this case - weaving pattern.
You'll probably have to make some adjustments for your particular project, but microRevolt is great for getting an initial idea of how the project will work up.
5. Bind off with hemstitch. (See Purl Bee tutorial in supplies)
6. Embroider any final embellishments.
When I finally got to the text, I decided to embroider the italic type instead of weaving it in.
7.Weave in messy ends and make it look pretty!
8. You can leave it as a 12" tapestry if you'd like.
If so, you're done!
I decided to turn it into a throw pillow for my brother, so I crocheted a large granny square in the same color scheme for the back.
Before joining, I did a row of sc evenly around the tapestry as well.
9. Before seaming final side, stuff with 12" throw pillow.
10. Enjoy cuddling up to your favorite album cover!