After getting inspired at the last Altitude Summit event in New York, and having a great experience with BERNINA at Maker Faire NY, we just knew we had to team up with these two creative forces on crafting an amazing contest to ring in the fourth annual Alt Summit 2013 event in Salt Lake City--January 23rd-26th.
And we have!
Introducing the Kollabora Alt Summit Challenge, sponsored by BERNINA!
This contest aims to give bloggers, designers and makers of all kinds the chance to create the most pin-worthy home design or fashion-forward accessory. What's more, three finalists will win a coveted ticket to the SOLD OUT Alt Summit 2013 in Salt Lake City, as well as the chance to teach their original tutorial in person at the event. Alt Summit brings together some of the most popular design and lifestyle bloggers--foodies, photographers, travelers, fashionistas, interior designers, product placers, adventurers--to network, teach, learn and make lasting friends and creative contacts! If you aren't familiar, check out pictures from Alt 2010, Alt 2011 and Alt 2012 to see all the fun!
In addition to this amazing opportunity to win a ticket, you will also get the chance to become a Kollabora ambassador with future opportunities to promote your work. The winning projects will be promoted on Kollabora, through all of our social media avenues including Facebook and Pinterest, and on the BERNINA blog. The three winners will each also receive a $100 gift certificate to use on Kollabora!
How to Enter - the big three!
1) Create a high-style fashion or home design accessory that must be either sewing, jewelry or needle/fiber arts based, and photograph all steps of the project. Some examples could be a bracelet , a knitted wrap , a cross-stitched ipod case, a knitted necklace, a fabric wallet , a embroidered pillow, a sewn felt trivet...let your imagination and inspiration run wild!
2) Sign up for Kollabora (it’s free) and upload all step by steps and corresponding photos to your projects by Nov 5, 2012. Make sure to include your project link as a comment under this blog post.
3) Post your most “pin-worthy” picture from the tutorial to Pinterest and your other social media outlets. Share the DIY love!
- One winner will be dubbed the Most Pin Worthy and will win based on the number of total re-pins with the caption Kollabora Alt Summit Challenge. The final two winners will be judges’ picks selected by Kollabora, Alt Summit and BERNINA. Consideration will be based on the quality of the project, photographs and style. We will also consider the most hearts on Kollabora as part of the judging process. Winners will be announced and notified by November 12th, 2012
- Winners will work with Kollabora, BERNINA and Alt Summit to develop their lesson plan for Design Camp that will showcase their project in clear steps for a live Design Camp class.Travel and accommodations are not included. You must be in (or willing to travel to) the Salt Lake City area for the conference. If you are not able to attend please let us know as soon as possible so we may notify another winner.
- The three winners must be in one of each category and will be selected as such. For example, there will be one jewelry winner, one sewing winner and one knitting winner. You may use materials in new and unexpected ways, and entrants should feel free to use any material. There are no limits to your creativity--other than making sure that your accessory falls into one clear category!
- Make sure you upload all of the above by November 5th, 2012!!!
And of course, The Rules:
All content must be original. No purchase necessary to enter. Flight, transportation and accommodations are not included in the winning package. We love rules as much as you do, so we tossed the rest of them here for your reading pleasure!
Get started today! We can't wait to see what you can do!