Geometric tank
by Melissa Fehr Follow

This was the first time I'd sewn a Wiksten pattern, but I decided I wanted to make it more winter-friendly, so I added long sleeves and sewed this one in a cool, geometric jersey. I had to raise the armscye a little bit to match the length of my sleeve pattern, but otherwise it worked well. Instead of the narrow bias edge suggested in the instructions, I serged a quick binding and then topstitched the seam allowance down.

Even though I've sewn with jerseys a lot in the past, I found this one particularly challenging as the black and orange sections are very heavily printed and liked to stick to the presser foot and bed of my machines. A walking foot on my sewing machine helped, and for the rest, I laid tissue paper over the "sticky" sections, sewed through that, and then removed it afterwards.

Supplies

Recap

Discussion 3

  • naratara commented 7 years ago

    Love the fabric and how you adapted the pattern! 

  • TheMissLinds commented 7 years ago

    Love how you utilized the cool pattern on this fabric, the top turned out great!

  • Nora commented 7 years ago

    Melissa, you ROCK! This is amazing! You get better every time I see a new project. Thanks for sharing!

×

Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!