by Tea Follow

♫ ♪ Suburbia 

The pattern for this dress is #121 from Burda 04/2015.. The dress from the magazine is made from striped fabric and I wanted to make something similar.. In my stash I found this forgotten striped cotton fabric.. There is more than 20 pattern pieces for this dress and it was fun to put them together.. As usual, I all my concentration was devoted to matching the stripes and it was very successful.. My skirt is shorter than the pattern suggests.. I wanted to sew those large pockets but they didn’t look good with shorter skirt.. That's why once again I don't have pockets on a garment.. I made one more change with my dress.. I skipped sewing the two ties that make a cute bow and went only with snap closure..  

More on my blog.. 

Behind the camera - my dear friend Mokosha :D


Discussion 2

  • Melissa W commented 4 years ago

    Awesome dress! Great job on the stripe matching, 20 pattern pieces and stripe matching in the same sentence makes me shudder a little.

  • TheMissLinds commented 4 years ago

    cool dress! i love the fabric you chose for this, it's so perfect for the style.


Welcome to Kollabora

Get the best DIY projects, patterns, and inspiration straight to your inbox!